When Does Spring Cleaning Start?
Spring cleaning is the practice of thoroughly cleaning your home in the springtime. Spring cleaning traditionally starts in the springtime, hence spring cleaning, but it can really take place any time during the year!
Spring cleaning is often used to describe any type of deep cleaning or organizing, but annual spring cleaning is especially prevalent in climates that experience cold winters like the East Coast and Midwest. Find out why we love spring cleaning and why it’s good for both your physical and mental health.
Why We Love Spring Cleaning
Although you can spring clean any month of the year, we have always been fond of spring cleaning after the cold winter months, usually around late March.
- Spring cleaning is an opportunity to get your house in tip-top shape.
- Ridding your house of messes not only affects your physical environment, but also your psychological state. Who doesn’t get a rush of accomplishment when they see the sparkle of their windows reflecting in the spring sunshine? (You know exactly what we’re talking about!)
- Spring cleaning helps relieve the stress that comes along with a messy home and sets you up for an enjoyable springtime season ahead.
Spring Cleaning is Good for your Physical Health
- A thorough cleaning of your home can help remove all types of lingering dust, mold and pollen that could cause any discomfort to you and your health.
- Bacteria left behind from the winter months and forced air heating can irritate allergies or other health problems, which is why we recommend giving your home a good clean after the winter season.
- Spring cleaning is not only good for your physical health, but also your mental health.
Spring Cleaning is Good for your Mental Health
- Regardless of how much time you spend inside your house, your home greatly influences you and your way of life.
- If you work from home, a clean home helps you stay focused on your daily tasks.
- On the other hand, if you rarely spend any time at home due to travel, work or other obligations, a clean home can act as a restoring environment where you can relax and recharge. Sit back and let the day melt away as you soak in the serenity of your clean abode.
- Whether you spend a lot, or a little, time at home, coming home to a clean and tidy house encourages youto stay organized and keeps you feeling motivated and energized.
Start Spring Cleaning
Spring cleaning is a great way to destress and release endorphins that can give you the satisfaction and thrill of having achieved something. Whether you take a day, a weekend or even a whole week, find some time to spring clean this year. Sweep the floors, dust every room, scrub every surface, organize closets and cabinets and don’t forget to mop the floors with your O-Cedar ProMist® MAX Microfiber Spray Mop or EasyWring. Whatever you decide to do for spring cleaning this year, return your home, and yourself to that healthy, stable and blissful place you know it can be.
Remember, you don’t have to do this all alone, we are here to help! Check out our YouTube channel for cleaning and organization tips for you, your home and even your lifestyle.