O-Cedar® is committed to empowering families build a better life through homeownership. We believe all families should have access to an affordable and decent place to live, which is why we are partnering with Habitat for Humanity for their Home is the Key initiative for the second year in a row.
Home is The Key 2019
O-Cedar® is proud to support Habitat for Humanity and you too can be a part of this meaningful cause. O-Cedar will donate $1 to Habitat for Humanity for every purchase of a ProMist® MAX from April 1 to May 31, 2019. As a corporate partner of Habitat for Humanity, we believe that home is where the heart is and home is the key to unlocking a happy and healthy future for families.
Last year, our team worked hand-in-hand with other Habitat volunteers to build homes for two Nashville families and this year we are excited to help build a home for a family in Atlanta. In honor of the kick off to the Home is the Key campaign, we have created an official moving checklist so you have everything you need on your very own moving day.
One Month Prior to Moving
- Notify the United States Postal Service to obtain official paperwork to change your address.
- Notify any service providers who have your current address on file as you will want to update your personal information to reflect your new address. These could include your dentist, doctor as well as others.
- Donate unwanted items to your community church, Goodwill or other local organization in your neighborhood.
- Purchase moving supplies such as boxes, bubble wrap, packing paper and packing tape so you and your family can begin packing.
Two Weeks Prior to Moving
- Notify utility companies including:
- Home Security
- Don’t forget to notify newspapers, magazines, family and friends of your new address too!
- Notify work if you need to request any time off for your moving day(s).
- If needed, schedule a babysitter or pet sitter so both children and pets have a place to be on moving day. Then, once you are settled in, you can introduce them to their new home.
One Week Prior to Moving
- Confirm your moving date and time with your moving company or any family and friends who may be helping you that day.
- Disassemble larger furniture items and set them aside or pack them up entirely.
- Empty closets, dresser drawers, kitchen cabinets and wardrobes and begin packing contents into moving boxes.
- Set aside fragile items and personal belongings that you want to move yourself on moving day. These items could include bank and other financial statements, car keys, checkbooks, credit/debit cards, family photos and photos albums, passports and prescription medications.
Don’t Forget to Clean
When leaving your old home, and arriving to your new home, be sure to clean both locations. Although you may be leaving or arriving to an already pristine home, it’s nice to leave your old home, and move in to your new home, with a fresh start. Before you begin cleaning, make sure you have an arsenal of cleaning supplies to get the job done including:
- All Purpose Sponges and Scrubbers
- Cleaning Cloths
- Disposable Gloves
- Dust Pan
- Indoor Broom
- Kitchen Sponges and Scrubbers
- Mop including the ProMist® MAX Spray Mop
- Outdoor Broom
Take some time to make sure you have an ample amount of natural and organic cleaning sprays so you are all set at both locations. Remember, moving into a new home is an incredibly exciting experience for the entire family, so make sure to document the day with photos so you can capture the memories for years to come.
Our team looks forward to partaking in this year’s Home is the Key campaign and hope you will support our mission as we partner with Habitat for Humanity. To learn more about how you can contribute to this year’s Home is the Key initiative, please visit here. Welcome home everyone!