There’s no doubt we all need to do a better job of reducing our single-use plastic waste. As defined by the UN Environment Programme, single-use plastics are items intended to be used only once before they are thrown away. And when it comes to cleaning with the leading disposable spray mop, single-use plastics are the norm. The ProMist® MAX Microfiber Spray Mop is a reusable cleaning alternative that helps you reduce the amount of single-use plastic waste and helps you save money. Here are 6 reasons to swap your mop!
1. Reduce your single-use plastic waste
The average user of the leading disposable spray mop throws away 7 lbs of single-use plastic each year¹! That’s over 8 million pounds of single-use plastic waste generated each year across the US¹. Unlike those quarantine pounds we’re all trying to lose, there’s an easy solution to reducing your single-use plastic consumption. Swap-your-mop! Switching to a ProMist MAX means you can reuse your washable microfiber for up to 3 months.
2. Washable and reusable mop pads last longer than single-use disposable pads
Why do we dislike single-use plastic refills? Let us count the ways… Trying to store them in cluttered cabinets. The yucky feeling you get throwing it away after just one use (The average household uses 141 every year!²). The time lost going to the store when you run out and have a dirty floor that needs mopping now. And perhaps the worst of it all- the cost. The ProMist MAX microfiber pads are reusable! (Cue the choir singing!) Toss it in the wash and lay it flat to dry; you can reuse for up to 3 months so you’ll only need 4 refills a year!
3. You can choose your own liquid cleaning solution
And the solution can be just good ole water! The dynamic the Batman and Robin of the spray mop world. Together, these two remove over 99% of bacteria* off your floor! The other guys force you to use their cleaning solution and the average household uses up to 18 non-refillable cleaning solution bottles every year³. Holy Wasteful & Expensive Batman!
4. You won’t need batteries
The average household goes through 5 batteries per year when using the leading disposable spray mop⁴. That results to over 20 million batteries being used across the US just to operate the leading spray mop⁴. The ProMist MAX requires no batteries at all. Thank goodness, because you can never find fresh batteries in the house when you need them. And of course, you’ll further be eliminating waste while also saving time and money.
5. You can save over $130 a year on cleaning⁵
Did we mention you can save money? Using the ProMist MAX Spray Mop means you don’t have to buy system cleaning solution, single-use plastic mop pads or batteries! That should help give you some cleaning motivation and it might lead you to unexplained feelings of joy related to being the home care pro you are!
6. Do a happy dance!
When you realize you’ve made a better cleaning choice, you should definitely bust a move. If you need inspiration, listen to our cleaning playlist on Spotify!
Usage claims calculated using the following data:
1. Claim: “The leading spray mop generates more than 8 million pounds of single-use plastic waste every year” and the leading spray mop results in”7 lbs of single-use plastic waste created per household every year, resulting in over 8 MIL lbs of waste every year in the U.S.”
a. Findings: Annual plastic waste based on IRI Scan, MULO, L52 Week Ending 4/19/20, assumes total single-use plastic waste from purchasing refill Pads from leading spray mop is equivalent to 4,435,305 pounds; total single-use plastic waste from purchasing refill solutions is equivalent to 2,427,748 pounds; total single-use plastic waste from purchasing a kit is equivalent to 1,453,283 pounds.
2. Claim: Leading spray mop results in “141 single-use plastic pad refills used per household every year”
a. Findings: Leading spray mop single-use plastic pad refills calculated using consumer consumption data found in Linkage Research Report: Spray Mop Habits & Practices Study (March 10, 2020)
3. Claim: Leading spray mop results in “18 plastic bottles of cleaning solution used per household every year”
a. Findings: Leading spray mop cleaning solution bottles calculated using consumer consumption data found in Linkage Research Report: Spray Mop Habits & Practices Study (March 10, 2020).
4. Claim: Leading spray mop results in “5 batteries used per year, resulting in over 20 million batteries tossed every year in the U.S.” and ProMist® MAX Microfiber Spray Mop results in “0 batteries used per year” a. Findings: Leading spray mop battery data based on IRI Scan, MULO, L52 Week ending 4/19/20. 3,927,792 units sold of the leading spray mop and an average of 5.3 batteries are used by consumer each year based on findings in Linkage Research Report: Spray Mop Habits & Practices Study (March 10, 2020)
5. Claim: Leading spray mop results in “$187 spent on cleaning per household every year” and ProMist® MAX Microfiber Spray Mop results in “$50 spent on cleaning when using just water per household every year”
a. Findings: Assumes the following average costs from the leading spray mop based on IRI Scan, MULO, L52 Weeks 6/14/20: $22.70 cost of spray mop, $70.62 spent on single-use pads, $94.48 spent on solution. Compared to the following average costs of ProMist® Max Microfiber Spray Mop: $20.35 for the unit, $30.32 for refill pads.
*Removes over 99% of E. coli and Staph. aureus from pre-finished hardwood flooring and ceramic tile using tap water, as tested at an independent accredited lab