When it comes to cleaning questions, we’ve got all of the answers. Whether it’s regarding mop refills or how to’s for maintaining your hardwood floors, we have the answers to your most commonly asked cleaning questions.
Cleaning questions don’t have to be challenging. Simply use this guide the next time you encounter any cleaning questions and if you still can’t find what you’re looking for, feel free to reach out to a member of our team! Simply access our homepage and look to the right side of the screen then click on the blue box that says, “Questions.”
What is microfiber and why should I use microfiber to clean?
Microfiber removes over 99% of bacteria* with just the use of water. The tiny microfibers physically loosen and pick up dirt and over 99% of bacteria, and carry it away, without the use of harsh chemicals. Once the bacteria is picked up by the microfibers, it stays on the mop head refill until the refill is washed or rinsed off. Cleaning your floor with our microfiber mops and just water does not kill bacteria. It simply removes bacteria and dirt from the floor surfaces, as proven in our 3rd party lab testing. Of course, if you prefer to use a cleaning solution, you can choose to use your favorite floor cleaner mixed with water. It is suggested you clean before you disinfect any hard surfaces.
Cleaning questions don’t have to be challenging. Use this guide the next time you encounter any cleaning questions and if you still can’t find what you’re looking for, feel free to reach out to a member of our team! Simply access our homepage and look to the right side of the screen then click on the blue box that says, “Questions” or the red question mark icon.
When should I replace microfiber mop refill?
When it comes to replacing mop refills, our rule of thumb is to replace your refills every season, which is roughly every three months. Our entire line of O-Cedar® microfiber mop refills are durable and easy to change. Our microfiber mop refills are machine washable. To clean your refills, simply machine or hand wash them in warm water and lay flat to dry. Do not use bleach or fabric softeners. Remember, whenever a new season rolls around, take that as a cue from Mother Nature to replace your microfiber mop refills so you can keep up with daily messes.
Tip: Always stock up with a few extra microfiber mop refills so you are always ready to tackle any mess you and your home may encounter.
How do I clean my hardwood floors?
If your home has hardwood floors, here are three ways you can best clean them:
- Use an indoor broom or dust mop to remove any dust, dirt and debris that has piled up on your hardwood floors.
- For everyday messes and super quick cleans, use the O-Cedar ProMist® MAX Microfiber Spray Mop or the Hardwood Floor ‘N More® Microfiber Mop.
- For a deeper clean, use the O-Cedar EasyWring™ Spin Mop and Bucket System mop. Be sure to choose a floor cleaner that is safe to use on hardwood floors then follow the cleaner instructions.
Tip: Want more detailed step-by-step instructions? Check out our guide on the best way to clean your hardwood floors.
What is the best cleaning tool for hardwood floors?
When it comes to cleaning hardwood floors, we recommend using a double-sided microfiber mop head, so you can clean smarter with less waste, which is why we love using the O-Cedar ProMist® MAX Microfiber Spray Mop on all of our hardwood floors. Safe to use on all hard floor surfaces, the ProMist® MAX can be used on hardwood, tile, vinyl, laminate, ceramic, marble or stone surfaces. The double-sided mop head lets you clean your floors fast so no mess is left behind. Like most of our microfiber mops, the mop pad is reusable and machine washable.
Tip: Remember to replace your microfiber mop pad every 3 months!
What is the best go-to cleaning tool that every kitchen should have?
Rated the best cleaning sponge by America’s Test Kitchen, the Scrunge® can tackle any mess found on your favorite dishes without leaving a single scratch. It gets the job done all while keeping odors at bay and it is made to last, so you can power through your kitchen messes. It’s also the only patented non-scratch scrubbing surface endorsed by Teflon®*quality tested nonstick coatings.
How do I make my own cleaning solution for countertops and bathrooms?
When it comes to cleaning, there’s no need to purchase an expensive, chemical-laden cleaning solution. Instead, we encourage you to keep things all-natural and make your own cleaning solution at home. It’s easy!
- Fill a spray bottle with tap water and add either 40 drops of lemon essential oil or 20 drops of orange essential oil. Prefer to use fresh lemons instead? Here are a few tips.
- Gently shake the bottle to swirl around the water and essential oils until they combine and mix together.
- Use on all of your surfaces including hard surfaces like kitchen and bathroom countertops, sinks, windows and even on hard floor surfaces including linoleum, tile, vinyl, laminate, ceramic, marble and stone. Check out two more ways to make organic cleaning spray, here.
Tip: All of our products can be used with your own homemade cleaning spray.
* Removes over 99% of E.coli and Staph. aureus from pre-finished hardwood flooring and ceramic tile using tap water, as tested at a 3rd party lab.